Sunday, March 17, 2013

March Ipsy Glam Bag

It's Ipsy time again!  This month's theme was "The Great Escape" and featured travel friendly and portable beauty products.  I liked March's bag better than February's bag, but I was sad that there was only one color makeup item.  Oh well.  This was still an awesome deal at $10 a month, and there were a couple of neat goodies in this bag.  Let's look!

March Ipsy Glam Bag.
"The Great Escape" is this month's theme.
For the first time since October, Ipsy gave us a bag with a print!  This bag is very flimsy, but the navy and white nautical print is so cute!

Thin but adorable nautical print bag!
The Juice Beauty Hydrating Spray is made up of organic ingredients including rosehips, ylang ylang, grapeseed oil, and aloe.  This has a strong floral scent; I thought I was going to hate it, but I used this for the first time today and it smells just like fresh cut flowers!  To me this feels non sticky and seems to control some of the oil on my face.  But I could totally see how the scent of this would turn people off!

Juice Beauty Hydrating Spray.  I like it!
We also received a magnetic mini palette from GlamRX.  This is about the size of a credit card.  I think it's a cute palette, but I doubt I'll ever put anything in it other than the pots I get from Ipsy.
 
GlamRX palette closed.

GlamRX palette opened.
The only color makeup items we received this month were two Yaby eyeshadow pots.  I got So Vein (teal) and Sand Dune. There are many more colors available on Yaby's website.  I could see how it would be fun to collect these little pots and fill your own palette, but the pigmentation for these aren't as great as Urban Decay, and I already have three UD palettes.  So, yeah, I'm pretty good on eyeshadow.  Plus, the shipping for these tiny dime sized pots is CRAZY.
   
Yaby So Vein and Sand Dune.
Here's what the GlamRX palette looks like with the Yaby eyeshadow pots.
The last item is an 8-pack of La Fresh Makeup Remover Wipes.  I would've rather had another makeup item, but I'm sure I will like these.  I was actually looking at some La Fresh stuff a couple of weeks ago when they had a sale on Hautelook, so it's kind of cool that I will get to try these after all!

La Fresh Makeup Remover Wipes.
So how much was March's Ipsy bag worth?
  • Juice Beauty Hydrating Mist available here.  1 fl oz, about $3.30.
  • GlamRX magnetic palette.  Based on the Touch Up Palette available here, about $13.00.
  • Yaby eyeshadow refills in So Vein and Sand Dune, available here or yaby.com, $3.29 each. FULL SIZES.
  • La Fresh Makeup Remover Wipes, 48 count available here for $19.99.  8-count pack, $3.33 value.
Total: $26.21.
 
Based on retail values, this month's bag was still worth twice what it costs, but I must admit that this month felt a little light.  I hope we get more color makeup items in April.  See you next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment