Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Illamasqua Haul and Obsess Swatches!

Hey guys!  There was an awesome deal going on this week at the Sephora inside JCP here in Gainesville.  All of the old Illamasqua polishes were on clearance for 50% off, which made them only $7.00 each!  I'm not sure if this sale is also going on at the standalone Sephoras, but they are not on sale yet on Sephora's website.  Either way, if you want in on this, you better RUN to a Sephora inside JCP now because they are already sold out in my store.  I was a lucky duck because I just happen to have a gift card from a return I did, so I only paid $2.38 out of pocket for six Illamasqua polishes.  Woot woot!
 
Collide, Rare, Radium, Viridian, Obsess, Bacterium.

I'm glad now that I skipped the January Julep Maven box that had all neons because I was able to use that as an excuse to get some badass Illamasqua ones.  Collide is a neon pink with a satin finish.  Neons are notorious for having difficult formulas.  I haven't worn Collide yet, but I have worn another one of these neons, which I will show you later, and the formula was opaque and smooth after two thin coats!

Collide.
Rare is a bright neon yellow with a satin finish.  My camera was freaking out when I was trying to photograph the neons!  None of the colors came out as bright as they are in person.  Just know that Rare is basically highlighter yellow, which sounds obnoxious and horrible but it is AWESOME!

Rare.
Obsess is a bright fuchsia pink with a glossy finish.  Obsess is a good name for this polish because that is how I feel about it!  I have worn this one already, but I will put my swatches at the end because Blogger hates me and won't let me drag my photos here.

Obsess.
Radium is an acidic lime with a shimmer finish.  I'm going to wear this color sometime this month because I am attempting to wear only green polish for the month of March!  Aren't these bright colors rad?  I can't wait to wear these neons on my toes when I go to the beach this summer.  They won't attract scary sea animals, will they?

Radium.
Me showing you the shimmer in Radium.

Viridian is a peacock green with a metallic finish.  I think it might look just a touch more blue in these photos than in reality.  I think this is a great year round color.  The metallic finish looks kind of mermaidy to me, but the color is also so luxe that you could wear it around Christmastime too!
 
Viridian.
Me showing you the metallic finish in Viridian.
Bacterium is described on Sephora's website as a pearlescent ash ochre.  I'm glad they were able to assign this one a description because I am at a loss here!  I got Bacterium because it reminded me of a Maybelline color show polish called Downtown Brown that I kind of wanted last fall that was brown with green shimmer.  I just went back and looked at swatches of that one though and they are nothing like each other, but I like Bacterium better.  Weird, right?

Bacterium.
Bacterium shimmer.

Collide, Rare, Radium, Viridian, Obsess, and Bacterium unboxed.

And now, here are my swatches of Obsess!  This color is quite deceptive because it looks like your average fuchsia creme in the shade, but outside it is very bright!  I took a few pictures in different lighting to show you.  Enjoy!

Obsess outside.  It was cloudy and cold, so this is not the brightest that Obsess can look.

Obsess indoors.

Obsess inside with flash.  This is a better example of Obsess at it's brightest!
See you next time!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment