Saturday, March 23, 2013

Window Shopping: Depeche Mode Edition

Why, hello there!  Three more days until the new Depeche Mode album!  The French words "depeche mode" translate to "fast fashion" in English, and Depeche Mode and their fans definitely have a certain aesthetic.  I've been playing around with ideas of what my look will be when I see them in September; I love getting ideas on the Internet and then trying to find cheaper dupes that are more within my budget!  

Most of the items here are inspired by the Depeche Mode 101/Music for the Masses era.  I've included some images for a point of reference, but if you've never seen Depeche Mode 101, I highly recommend it, especially with commentary.  I bet you can rent it from Netflix. 


Depeche Mode 101 awesomeness.  (The pic on the top left may be from the Violator era, though.)



Going clockwise from top left: ASOS Curve, New Look Inspire, ASOS Curve, New Look Inspire.
I love both of the cold shoulder tops pictured above.  They kind of emulate Martin Gore's bondage costumes, in a way (I know that's a stretch!).  And a black leather jacket with white jeans is soooo 1988 Dave Gahan!  I found the jacket and jeans on New Look's website, but I'm super happy that ASOS is starting to carry some of their pieces, too.  And they have free shipping!!!


Left to right: ASOS Curve, Simply Be, Forever 21.

I've been wanting some black and white striped pants for a while now; they remind me of Beetlejuice!  The face tee in the middle is sold out right now on simplybe.com, but they're pretty good about getting items back in stock.  And how cute is the maxi dress on the right from Forever 21?
 
As Dave Gahan always says, see you next time!

1 comment:

  1. I stumbled upon this post the other day and was so happy to see another DM fan out there blogging! :-) I used to dress like Dave with my black ankle boots, white jeans, and a white tank under a men's button-down dress shirt. You're so lucky to get to see DM this tour! I haven't missed a tour since I started seeing them live in '93 and I'm so sad they aren't coming anywhere near where I live. The closest is a 10 hour drive. Fun post - loved all the DM-esque outfits. You nailed their look with the clothes you found! "Keep Moding"

    ReplyDelete