Wednesday, February 13, 2013

February Ipsy Glam Bag

Wow!  I can't believe it's time for another Ipsy Glam Bag!  And what a difference a month makes!  I've been enjoying the heck out of my January Ipsy Glam Bag, but the February bag sucks. Sorry to put it so bluntly, but this one was just not a good month. 

Oops.  I forgot to put the mascara in this picture.
"Get Red Carpet Ready" is this month's theme, but it looks more like smokey eyes are the theme.  Which I guess could be on a red carpet, too.  Whatever.  I got a Pixi Flawless and Poreless Primer, four Lash Cards, MicaBeauty Cosmetics gel eyeliner in black, a Coastal Scents Glitz and Glamour eyeshadow quad, and a Pop Beauty Smoky Lash Kapow!!! mascara in Smoky Black (not pictured).

I got a small sample of the Pixi primer in my Target Beauty Bag, but I forgot about it until just now!  I've read good reviews about this primer though so I need to try it out.  Still, I'm not freaking out over this since we just got a primer in the December bag.  Oh, and you'll notice that it looks like I've been reading a lot of newspaper, but that's just the Coastal Scents quad that broke all over everything inside the bag.  Grr...
 

Pixi Flawless and Poreless Primer.

I knew from the spoilers online that I was not going to be a fan of this bag, especially because of the Lash Cards.  I would've rather gotten another makeup product instead of some mascara shields.  Really, you could use a business card and get the same results.  Or if you are like me, you just don't care that much if a lil mascara gets on your eyelid.  I usually just grab a Q-tip and blot any excess off.  I don't even think I have enough hands to hold this card over my eye.  This looks hard. 

Meh.
I guess the font is backwards so you can read it in the mirror?

There were two different Coastal Scents quads that people could've received in this bag, and I got the Glitz and Glamour quad.  I can't remember what the other one was called but it had more golds and yellows.  I like gold shadow, but the colors that I got are also pretty versatile.  I don't mind so much that the black is damaged because I already have a black in one of my Urban Decay palettes that I never use.  This quad is sooooo tiny!

Coastal Scents Glitz and Glamour.
I appreciated that the names of each shade were on the back.

I've never used a gel eyeliner, so I'm excited about the MicaBeauty eyeliner.  When I opened my bag the cap was already almost all the way off the jar!  I hope this stuff isn't too dry to use.  The other crappy thing is that I do not have an eyeliner brush.  Oh well, I've been wanting to grab a couple of brushes, and I heard that Target has some e.l.f. brushes that are reasonably priced.

Cosmetics in jars make me feel fancy.
 
 
I don't have a lot to say about the Pop Beauty Smoky Lash Kapow!!! mascara.  I've never heard of this brand before, so I appreciate getting introduced to new things.  I don't think the wand looks like anything special, but I wear mascara almost everyday, so this will be used.  I'm still using my Benefit They're Real sample from November, and it rocks my socks! 


Pop Beauty Smoky Lash Kapow!!!  (Every time I type the word "Kapow!!!" I'm yelling it in my head, so I hope you are doing the same.)
 
Kapow!!! wand.  Kapow!!!
Even though I was let down by this bag, I am not giving up on Ipsy.  Apparently there is a waiting list now to join, so it's good that I am already a subscriber.  I still feel like I got my $10 worth.  I'm not going to bother posting the values on all of these, but I think that the gel eyeliner and maybe the Pixi primer are the full sized items.  I know I could email Ipsy and get the damaged items replaced; I emailed them last month and got a new body butter!  But I'm just ready for next month now!

By the way, here is the inside of my bag.  I thought I was going to like this black patent pleather bag with red lining, but it was very cheap feeling, and the interior of course is covered with black eyeshadow.
 

See you next time!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for doing this honest review, please check out my review on my you tube channel, www.youtube.com/user/Charismafulltv

    ReplyDelete