Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Julep Spring Mystery Box!

Wow!  I never thought I'd be enjoying my Julep subscription more than my Ipsy subscription, but I am officially obsessed!  Let's see what's inside my Spring Mystery Box! 

My Julep Spring Mystery Box.
I purchased my mystery box on Thursday, and it was already here on Monday.  Julep's shipping is amazing!  This box cost $24.99 instead of the usual $19.99.  I was sad that the price went up $5.00, but I couldn't help myself.  Can you believe that I am still using my $100 giftcard that I bought on Valentine's Day?

The polishes came in this cute chevron print bag.  Is this what I paid $5 more for?
My mystery box is Version #1, which seems to be a very popular box!  Ashley is a frosty citrusy orange.  At least, that is how I will describe it because I can't find it on Julep's website.  This will look sweeeet once I get a tan!

Ashley, I love you.
Lauren is a hot tropical pink creme.  I'm glad that this photographed kind of neon because it really is that bright!  I just bought Illamasqua Collide, which looks very close to Lauren, but I luuuurve pink cremes, so I'll probably keep them both!

Lauren!
The email that Julep sent out advertising this box stated that there would be one mystery color in the boxes that goes with EVERYTHING.  I'm glad it was a pretty glitter like Camille instead of a nude creme.  Camille is an iridescent glitter suspended in a clear base.  The effect of this glitter seems like it will be similar to Revlon Heavenly, but I hope this will be easier to work with since the glitter pieces are smaller! 

Camille.  Doesn't it look like pretty fairy dust?
This box also came with ten polish remover pads.  I tried these when I received them in my New Years Mystery Box.  They are more moisturizing versus using acetone on a cotton square, but they suck at polish removal.  Like, so bad that it took me two or three pads for one nail.  Meh.

Crappy polish remover pads.
I've never tried the Julep Daylight Defense sunscreen.  I guess you're supposed to use this daily on your hands and face like a moisturizer so you don't get old lady hands.  Cool.

Julep Daylight Defense for Hands and Face.
Look, no parabens!
Also included were three neon hair ties and a Julep emery board.  My cat has kidnapped my other emery board, so I'm happy to see this in my mystery box.  Because, you know, I can't be bothered to spend $1 on a new one.  Oh, and there were three chocolate Easter eggs that I ate immediately before taking pictures.  They tasted cheap, but I enjoyed them.  Ha ha.

Julep Spring Mystery Box, Version #1.
Julep promised that this box would be worth $70-$200.  So how did I do?
  • Julep Ashley, $14.00.
  • Julep Lauren, $14.00.
  • Julep Camille, $14.00.
  • Julep Daylight Defense sunscreen, $28.00 (whaaaaat?).
  • Julep One-Step Polish Remover Pads, ten, $9.99 (not worth it!).
  • Julep Emery Board, $1.00 (just guessing).
  • 3 Neon Hair Ties.  Not on the website, but I think I saw these once as an add on for $3.99.
Total retail value is $84.98.  I didn't put a price on the little chevron bag.  I think this box is worth the $24.99 I paid.  I wish I would've gotten at least five polishes like I did in the last two mystery boxes, but I still didn't get any dupes and I really like all three colors I received.  Today is the last day to buy a Spring Mystery Box!  You do not have to be a maven to buy the mystery boxes, but Julep Mavens always get free shipping!  Click on my Bombshell button on the right to sign up.  You can use the code "freebox" and get an intro box for free.  The It Girl and Classic With a Twist boxes both have some gorgeous colors for spring and summer! 

No comments:

Post a Comment