Sunday, April 7, 2013

I've Been Nominated for a Liebster Award!

Hey guys!  As you know, I am fairly new to the blogosphere, and I learn new things everyday creating Three Cats and a Lady.  Drunken Beauty has nominated little 'ole me for a Liebster Award, which is given to blogs with less than 200 followers and helps us expand our readership and our presence in the blogosphere!  Take a moment to check out her blog; this gal has seen Duran Duran 25 times, loves booze, and has a some badass nail polish!  So in my mind, we should be besties.  Ha ha.


Here are the Liebster Award Rules:

1. Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
2. Each blogger should answer the questions the tagger has set for you.
3. Choose 11 new bloggers to pass the award to and link them in your post.
4. Create 11 new questions for the chosen bloggers.
5. Go to that bloggers page and tell them about the award.
6. No tag-backs.
 
Eleven Random Facts About Me:
 
1.  Taco Bell is my favorite restaurant.
2.  I had open heart surgery when I was a kid, so I have a huge scar in between my boobies.
3.  I have a twin brother.  And no, we cannot read each other's thoughts or anything.
4.  I have this phoenix tattoo on my back.  (Truth is, I've just really been looking for an excuse to post this picture of Dave Gahan.)

 
5.  I've been accused of being a hoarder because I like to collect many things, including magnets, mushroom kitchenalia, cheap mosaic glass, and anything with cats.  Oh, and nail polish.
6.  I like to talk about my poop.
7.  I'm terrified of driving on the interstate.
8.  "Chick Lit" is my friend.
9.  I could open a newsstand at my house.  I currently receive Country Living, Coastal Living, Southern Living, Glamour, Cosmopolitan, Ladies Home Journal, TV Guide, Maxim, Rolling Stone, Everyday by Rachael Ray, Redbook, and Better Homes and Gardens to name a few.  And I read every single one of them.
10. I do not own a smartphone.
11. I know a lot of music trivia.  I like to think that I'm like the Gary Dell'Abate of 80s and 90s alternative/rock! 
 
Eleven Questions from Drunken Beauty:
 
1. If you could only use/purchase one makeup brand for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Revlon has always been my go to drugstore brand for years.  I'm obsessed with their Lip Butters, and I'm quite fond of their nail polishes. 
 
2. What is your go to shade of nail polish for spring?
Glitters and textured polishes are fun to play with, but I love bright cremes for spring.  A favorite that comes to mind is All Kendall-ed Up from Nicole by OPI.  This youthful pink goes with everything and applies perfectly.  And of course I love the name.
 
3. Does cruelty free status impact your decision to buy a product?
This is a hard question for me to answer because Revlon has been involved in some controversy in the last year and a half when they began doing business in China where they do animal testing.  I am an animal lover, but this has not caused me to quit buying from Revlon altogether.  My favorite high end brand is Urban Decay, and I do appreciate that they remain cruelty-free.  I'm definitely interested in trying more NYX products which I believe are still cruelty-free. 
 
4. Are you a cat or dog person? Why?
Cats!  I've ALWAYS loved cats.  Dogs are awesome too, I just don't think that I have a lifestyle that allows me to take care of a dog.  They are a lot of work! 
 
5. What is the last great movie you watched?
Depeche Mode 101.  I know, I cheated.  Truth is, I have the attention span of a goldfish and very rarely sit through an entire movie.  I watched Dark Shadows with Johnny Depp last week, but it wasn't great.

6. Do you prefer red or black licorice?
Red.  Easy.

7. Tell me about your favorite makeup brushes.
I'm still looking for a favorite makeup brush!  Right now all I own are a few dual ended SOHO brushes.  Disappointing answer, I know.

8. Can you recommend a good eye makeup remover?
I like Sephora's Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover.  It's good for sensitive skin and it's got a blue and clear layer that separates when you let it sit for a while.  Reminds me of those paperweights you used to get at the Discovery store in the mall! 

9. If you could spend a day with one historical person who would it be and why?
Prince, because he would make me cool. 

10. What is your favorite summer activity?
I love the beach!  My second answer is cooking out, because I get to do that more often!  And because beer is usually involved.

11. Do you wear the same makeup everyday?
I wear a variation of the same products.  Right now, it's Revlon Colorstay Aqua Mineral Makeup in Medium Beige (I think?), Revlon PhotoReady Creme blush in Flushed, Urban Decay 24/7 eye pencil in Zero, and whatever black mascara I have on hand (I have a ton of mascara samples).  If I'm feeling creative I'll wear eyeshadow, usually Urban Decay, and every now and then I'll wear a teal or purple eyeliner to mix things up.  Oh, and Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in whatever color I'm feeling that day.

My Eleven Questions:

1. What is your favorite fragrance?  Be as vague or specific as you like.

2. Tell me about something that is on your bucket list.

3. What is your favorite song?

4. What is your signature beauty or fashion item?

5. Can you share one of your guilty pleasures?

6. Tell me about the last time you sang karaoke.  Where were you and what song?  When?

7. What is your favorite website or blog?

8. Say one nice thing about your body.  Or two!

9. What is the last nail polish you wore?

10. Can you share a blogging tip with the rest of us?

11. Is there a recent beauty trend that you do not like?

Eleven Blogs:

1. My Shimmer Secret
2. Fatshion is the New Black
3. Diary of a Polishaholic
4. Bat an Eyelash
5. A Little Bit of Everything
6. Kitty Fatshion (She scrapbooks, too!)
7. Unique Blog of Awesome
8. Chunky Grrl
9. Sista, please!
10. Ameliorer la Vie
11. Fatshion On a Budget

Whew!  I'm exhausted!  See you next time!


3 comments:

  1. yeah, we're probably destined for some kind of bloggership/bloggerfair. at the very least we should team up to dominate the 80's/90's alt rock trivia circuit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!!!! Happy to discover your blog and that you choose me for Liebster Awards!!!! Nice to see what you do! Pretty cool stuffs you talk about in here and I love your Name haha! xoxoxo Hugs!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sandra! I enjoyed reading your blog as well!

      Delete