Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Shopping Trip to ULTA

Hey guys!  Just wanted to let you know before I get started here that I just took some NyQuil, so this post might be all over the place.  I have been getting sick over the past three days.  Body ache, runny nose, sore throat, but I still haven't had a fever yet, so I'm trying to sleep all this off now.  After today, I'm not going to be off until Thanksgiving, so I have to get better!!!  Okay, now I'm ready to talk about my first trip to ULTA!

We have a new ULTA here in Gainesville that just opened up, I think late last month.  I signed up for their email and they sent me a $5 off $10 coupon!  Yay!  I was going to do this great post where I took pictures of my whole shopping trip with pictures of the outside and inside of the store, but when I finally got out of work yesterday it was pouring down rain, so I scrapped those plans and only got pictures of my purchase.  Sorry!


Pretend this is a beautifully photographed storefront.




I knew exactly what I wanted before I went in: Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters.  I checked online and they were on sale Buy 1 Get 1 50% Off.  So with another $5 off, it would've been only $6.23 for 2!  Wow!  Of course, when I got there I was confronted with a wonderland of smell goods and drugstore cosmetics and shampoos and aisles and aisles of.... nail polish!!!!  I still did pretty good, though.  I HAD to get Nicole by OPI All Kendall-ed Up (purchase decision based solely on the name) and a fruity face mask, but I still kept it under $13.



All of this would've cost at least $22 at CVS!
Here's my proof... Great deals!
I'm officially on a mission to get all 20 colors of the Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters.  This purchase brought me up to ten.  I'm halfway there!  I can't believe I waited this long to get Pink Truffle and Sugar Plum.  Pink Truffle is the perfect nude color on my lips.  Sugar Plum doesn't look too dark at all.  It's pretty sheer on my lips, kind of like a light raisin lipstick.  So purdy and extremely wearable.    

Left: Pink Truffle, Right: Sugar Plum.  I tried to take pictures of these before I tried them on, but I didn't notice how blurry they were until I put them on my computer.  So I had to retake them this morning.  Sorry!
Here's a shot of the label on the bottom of the Nicole by OPI All Kendall-ed Up polish.  Can you believe this is my first Nicole by OPI nail polish?  Although this color probably isn't that unique to anything I already have in my stash, I couldn't not get it because of the name.  Especially since it was only $3.99!  I've been watching this at CVS and it is always $7.99, never on sale.  ULTA had several shades on clearance last night.  I think they had all of the first phase of the Kardashian Kolors marked down.  Come to think of it, maybe I've avoided these for so long because I know they are all named after Kardashians and because I get a discount when I buy my OPIs at work.  But if they're made by OPI they can't be so bad!


Just squint your eyes here and pretend this picture isn't fuzzy!
I'm definitely going to go back to ULTA again, even though I feel like I'm cheating on my Sephora friends.  I really had to use a lot of self control to stop at just one $3.99 nail polish.  And guess what?  I found ANOTHER COUPON in Glamour magazine this month!  $5 off $15 and it doesn't expire until Christmas Eve.  I wonder what I'll get next time?  Probably more Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters.


Yay!
I'm going back to bed.  See y'all later!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment