Thursday, November 15, 2012

My First Ipsy Bag!

Hey guys!  Sorry about the make-up heavy posts lately, but here's another!  I signed up last month for the ipsy glam bag, and my first one came today!  Ipsy is a subscription service and online community started by Michelle Phan (she makes really popular make-up tutorials on YouTube).  It only costs $10 a month and cancelling is easy. Every bag is supposed to come with at least two full sized items and then a couple deluxe samples.  When I saw that the last two months each came with a full sized nail polish, I immediately signed up.  And if it really comes with two full sized products every month then I think it's worth it.   Plus, don't we all love getting mystery packages in the mail?  Here's what came in my first bag!


It came in a pretty pink bubble envelope with some other offers.

This month's bag came with a dark brown cosmetics pouch.
My bag came with a Benefit They're Real! Beyond Mascara in black, Nailtini nail lacquer in Millionaire, bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie lip gloss in Dare Devil, theBalm Meet Matt(e) matte eyeshadow in Matt Batali, and a Starlet eye pencil in Chocolate!  I can't believe I got the mascara because I kept reading comments online that most people got eyebrow gel instead.  I usually have the worst luck!  I would've been happy either way, though.   



AWESOME!
I looked on Sephora's website, and it looks like they had a mini of the Benefit mascara that sold for $10, so the mascara almost covers the entire cost of the bag.  The one online was 0.14 mL, and this one is 0.1 mL.  I can't wait to try it!


A full size of this costs $28 on sephora.com.
Obviously, I'm most excited for the Nailtini polish.  I've never heard of this brand before.  I looked at their website and they have all kinds of cosmetics inspired by cocktails.  What a cute idea!  The bottle I got is a full size and sells for $13 normally.  Wow!  I wouldn't usually choose a polish with this much bar glitter in it because I don't want to look like a twelve year old, but this one is really so sparkly.  It reminds me of Christmas tinsel!  This is another reason why I think I am going to really enjoy this subscription... You get to try a lot of new things you might not have picked for yourself!
 
This is a rose glitter with gold bar glitter and holographic green bar glitter.  The blue glitter in this picture is actually the green glitter that changes color at different angles!
This isn't my first time trying bareMinerals lip gloss (I think I've had the Buxom gloss before?).  I really like this color, but I wish it went on almost as dark as it looks in the bottle.  It's pretty sheer on the lips, but it smells like cola and feels tingly on my mouth (that's a good thing).  So it will definitely get used!  This is the only item I swatched so far.  Keep scrolling to see how it looks on! 
  
Sorry for the blurry picture, but I wanted to get a close up of the color in the bottle and on the wand!
Big mouth.
Now I know why beauty bloggers don't do open mouth pictures.  My teeth look weird.
 I've also never heard of theBalm or Starlet cosmetics.  I don't have much to say about either of these.  The eyeshadow sample is tiny, but still larger than those little sheets you get from Avon with blush or eyeshadow on them, so it's cool.  The Starlet eye pencil is the other full sized item.  This won't go to waste even though I prefer black or grey eyeliner.  I couldn't find this exact pencil on the Starlet website, but comparable eye pencils sell for $11.



Full-sized Starlet eye pencil.
Tiny lil eyeshadow.
 
So was this worth $10?  Well, let's add it up (I had to make some guesstimates based on full sizes here):
Benefit They're Real! Beyond Mascara  $10
 Nailtini Nail Lacquer in Millionaire  $13
bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie lip gloss in Dare Devil  $9 (based on a full size for $18 on sephora.com)
Starlet eye pencil  $11
theBalm Meet Matt(e) eyeshadow in Matt Batali  $3 (based on the nine color palette for $29)
 
All of that equals $46 worth of product for $10!  And a cosmetics bag I have a million of them though.  I can't wait to see what's going to be in December's bag!  See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment