Saturday, November 10, 2012

Rants and... Rants!

Hey guys!  I realized I've been doing a lot of photo heavy posts about make-up and clothes and such, so I decided to do something completely different today!  Rants and... Rants!  I was going to do some raves, but I feel like I've raved all week, and frankly I just want to bitch for a couple minutes.

  1. Did anyone else notice that all the Christmas commercials instantly started on October 31st?  I was wanting to say something about this last week, but it never came up in any of my other posts.  I mean, I get it.  I work in retail.  Hell, if I could rave about one thing, it would be that the store I work in actually held off of the Christmas decorating through October 31st.  But seriously, I saw that Hershey's Kisses commercial where they make the candies play "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" like five times on Halloween.  And then I was mad because I wanted some Hershey Kisses.  All I'm saying is, just let me enjoy one holiday before another one is being shoved down my throat.  Cause I'm not ready for all the stress yet!
  2. Why do clothes have so much stretch that they're hanging off of me at the end of the day?  Today I wore jeans to work that I could barely fit my crotch in when I was getting dressed, but by the time I got out of the car at the mall, I was having to hold them up around my waist.  And my shirt was the same way.  I put on a solid color, fitted crew neck tee shirt, and it was like a tunic by lunchtime.  Grrrrrr.  I'm going to get some pajama jeans at Walgreens because at least you know you're wearing elastic jeans that are going to look totally silly.
  3. Why do super groomed muscled guys insist on getting the shittiest tattoos ever?   I keep seeing dudes on TV trying to how off their hot abs and then there's a yin yang on an ab and I'm all "eeewwww".  That's a complete waste of time to even try to fix that with a chiseled six pack.  Have another Dorito Loco taco, bro!
  4. Why is this blond bitch on TV always singing about the pink lemonade 5 Hour Energy Drink?  Whoever is in charge of their ad campaign must think women are idiots.  I get so pissed every time she comes on.  She has a PINK guitar, and her PINK 5 Hour Energy Drinks, and then the worst part is when she tells you part of your purchase will go towards breast cancer.  That stuff probably causes cancer!  And don't even get me started on what I think about Breast Cancer campaigns.  I love girly things.  I've posted like five things in the past two weeks about nail polish.  I'm kind of a sucker for commercials.  But just because you turn something pink and make a donation to breast cancer (research? survivors? clinics?) doesn't mean I'm going to be all about it.  And I like energy drinks.  But that stuff tastes like shit and makes me feel like I'm on crack.
  5. Drivers in Gainesville.  That's all I'm going to say.
See you next time!  

No comments:

Post a Comment