Wednesday, February 27, 2013

OOTD: VBL

Lately, I've been experimenting a little with clothing and my own comfort level, mainly because I bought two fatkinis and now I'm totally freaked out about wearing them this summer!  I wore a skirt last Friday knowing that my belly line was outlined, but hey, I liked the skirt.  Unfortunately, those photos did not turn out, but I did have another outfit that I did not post back in January because I wasn't ready then to unleash my stomach on the internets!   

Top and skirt: Worthington at JCP.
Wearing a skirt with your Visible Belly Line is a lot like walking around with your fly unzipped; everyone tries to make eye contact with you without letting there eyes flit around your midsection.  It's like having some green thing stuck in your teeth; "Pssst.  Just wanted to let you know your belly line is showing!"

This skirt was only five bucks, by the way.  Yay!

I hope I'm not coming off as super defensive in this post because I'm really just trying to challenge myself here, not flaunt my belly or start an argument about fat acceptance, even though I have been thinking a lot about the fat acceptance movement and hope that one day I can find the right words to explain how I feel about it (it's complicated!). 

Wearing a high waist pencil skirt can be a difficult silhouette to pull off, even for an average figure, so I feel I was successful!

See you next time!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment