Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Julep Cupid's Mystery Box!

Hey everybody, long time, no see!  It's an overcast, wet day outside.... perfect blogging weather!  I got my newest Julep Mystery Box in the mail yesterday.  I skipped Julep in January and regrettably in February too, so I just had to have the Cupid's Mystery Box!  I have been reading everyone's spoilers online and was kind of "meh" about this box, but I'm actually really pleased with what I got!

Lip gloss in Camellia (top), left to right Evangeline, Rose, Morgan, Petra, and Jennifer.
The theme for this box was obviously Valentine's Day, with each box featuring at least four Valentine shades and the newest holographic shade or a voucher for any color.  I'm glad I did not get all pinks and reds; even though I love them, I wanted to try something different.  I got the holo shade, Evangeline, instead of the voucher.  Yay!  I've been wanting to try a Julep holo since I skipped February.

Evangeline with flash.
Evangeline without flash.
Evangeline is a coppery holo.  Julep's holographic shades, to me, are not what I expect from a holographic.  But I still love this color.  It's more like a super fine shimmer with a very faint holo sheen to it.  This looks like it will be stunning on the nail though.  I keep holding Evangeline and turning it around in my hands.  Sometimes it looks like a rose gold color, then copper, then rusty orange!  And now I can't get that Matthew Sweet song out of my head... "Evangeline, I think I looooove you."

Rose with flash.
Julep describes Rose as a juicy watermelon red creme.  Seems like a pretty accurate description, except I think the name Rose would suit a softer pink shade.  These types of colors always look good on my skin tone.  Yay! 

Morgan with flash.
Morgan without flash.
Morgan is a frosty grape purple shimmer.  I've seen this shade on Julep's website as an add on a few times, but I wasn't impressed.  Now that I've seen Morgan in person, I think I can rock this color.  The second photo without the flash shows the color more accurately, but the first photo shows off the blue shimmer very nicely.  Morgan looks like Sandra's purple sister!

Petra with flash.
Petra is a cranberry magenta with silver shimmer.  I don't have much to say about this color.  This shade falls into my obsession with dark fuchsias and maroons.  I love Petra!  Thanks, Julep!


Jennifer with flash.
When I first saw Jennifer I was all "Eeeeeew."  Jennifer is a sheer soft pink creme, something I would never had picked for myself.  But upon closer inspection, there is a neat milky effect to Jennifer and I knew it would make a great base for an iridescent glitter like Revlon Heavenly.  I'm wearing that combo right now!  It's very princessy and angelic, and I will post in a NOTD later!


Camellia lip gloss with flash.
I think all of the mystery boxes recieved the same lip gloss, Camellia.  This gloss is a very light, soft pink with shimmer.  I'm not blown away by this color, but I guess it's nice as an extra and lip gloss fits well with the Valentine's theme.  Oh, and it smells yummy!

Camellia with no flash.
I must say, I'm really starting to enjoy Julep.  I think it's great that you can choose to skip the monthly Maven box and not get charged.  They make it so easy!  You don't even have to be a Maven to get the mystery boxes (but I do think you pay shipping if you aren't).  And through Valentine's Day, you can purchase a $50 gift card for only $25!  You can't use the gift card on monthly Maven boxes, but you can use it in the secret store and on mystery boxes (and I think the Cupid's box is still available).  I'm gonna go buy buy that gift card right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment