Tuesday, February 12, 2013

NOTD: OPI Stay the Night

Remember a couple of weeks ago when I won the entire Mariah Carey OPI Liquid Sands collection?  I couldn't believe I got two of the shade Get Your Number so I went to Ulta and exchanged one of them for the color I really wanted, Stay the Night!  (Note: All of my photos are with top coat!) 


OPI Stay the Night.
Stay the Night is a black texture polish with dense pink glitter.  The base polish dries matte and gritty like, well, sand.  This creates a really neat 3D effect with the hot pink glitter showing through the black.  I've seen this described on other blogs as embers burning in ashes, and I have to agree it does look like hot pink embers! 

 
All four of the liquid sand polishes are meant to be worn without top coat and dry to a matte texture finish.  I wore Stay the Night for a whole day before I put top coat on.  I didn't hate the way this looked without top coat, but some of the pink glitter was turning silver on the tips, so I felt like a protective coat would help.  This looked nice with and without top coat!

 
I don't think I did a very good job of capturing the awesomeness of Stay the Night.  It's a good thing I don't still have this on because I couldn't stop looking at my hands when I was wearing this!
 
 
See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment