Wednesday, April 24, 2013

April Ipsy Glam Bag: Pretty in Pink

Hey everyone! I feel a little silly posting my review of April's Ipsy bag this late in the month, but I took the photos, so I thought, why not?   In my defense, Ipsy has changed their shipping, and I now receive my bag at least a week and half after the bags are shipped.   The good news is that this is the best bag since January!  Yay! 
 
April Ipsy Glam Bag.
 
April's theme is "Pretty in Pink" and I received the Big Sexy Hair Powder Play, Be a Bombshell blush in Sweet Cheeks, Sation Nail Lacquer in Of Corset I'll Call You, and MicaBeauty Mineral Eyeshadow in Earth.  Both the Be a Bombshell blush and the Sation Nail Lacquer are FULL SIZED, and the MicaBeauty Mineral Eyeshadow is a deluxe size, according to ipsy.com!

Big Sexy Hair Powder Play.

I used up all of my Spray and Play from January's bag, so I was pumped to get another item from Big Sexy Hair.  However, my Big Sexy Hair Powder Play did not deliver big, sexy hair.  I guess this is supposed to be like a volumizing texture powder.  Some people swear by this stuff, but this was the biggest disappointment in the bag for me.  Maybe I'm not doing it right.


Be a Bombshell blush in Sweet Cheeks.
I was initially hoping I would receive the Be a Bombshell blush in Beach Please, but instead I received Sweet Cheeks.  What a pleasant surprise!  It is easy to apply and only one swipe with my brush delivers a ton of color.  I feel like the staying power of this is not quite as good as my cream blushes that I'm used to, but not so bad that I won't ever use this.  It is super pretty (I have more pictures at the END of my post because Blogger hates me). 


Sation Nail Lacquer in Of Corset I'll Call You.
I was happy to get Of Corset I'll Call You from Sation Nail Lacquer.  The other color was a nude called Love At First Byte, which was okay but I'll always prefer a pink over a nude.  Really, anytime I am sent a nail polish, I am a happy gal.  This is extremely sheer and the finish is more jelly than creme.  I put it on today and used three coats, but it is still very cute and springy with a glitter top coat.  Pictures to come later this week, I hope!

MicaBeauty shadow in Earth.
I thought I wanted to get the pink eyeshadow duo from Two Cosmetics that was offered this month, but I got the MicaBeauty Mineral Eyeshadow in Earth.  Another happy surprise!  I was thinking this was going to look too much like the NYX loose shadow from December's bag, but it is more rose gold colored in person, and I LOVE it!  I even think I saw some other colors in this blend like yellow and green.  I'm probably getting too old for glitter and shimmer eyeshadow, but I don't care!


Ipsy logo on the inside!
April's makeup bag feels much sturdier to me than the March and February bags, even though you can still see the inner lining through the outside.  I too scared that I'll get makeup all over the white outside, so I will probably save this to re-gift someday.

White bag with pink trim.
Here's my big 'ole watermelon head.  Enjoy!  (I love pink makeup!)

MicaBeauty shadow in Earth, Be a Bombshell blush in Sweet Cheeks, Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Strawberry Shortcake.

Side view of Be a Bombshell blush in Sweet Cheeks.
Are you wondering how much Ipsy's April bag was worth?  Me too.  Let's find out.
 
The total estimated value (without the white makeup bag) is $34.96.  There's definitely been a noticeable decline in the value of the bags since I joined Ipsy in November.  Still, if I receive some full sized products that I'll actually use then I'll continue to subscribe until it's not worth it anymore!
 
See you next time!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment