Saturday, April 27, 2013

We Be Jammin'

Happy Saturday!  Do you have plans this weekend?  How about picking some fruit and making yummy jam?  Here in Florida, we have a ton of u-pick farms throughout the state, and you can do a search on pickyourown.org to see if there is a farm in your area!  I went to a farm in Floral City last weekend and would like to share some of my photos with you.  Enjoy!

Blueberries.
Hungry, hungry caterpillar.
Pretty.
I should apply.
Scarecrow owl thing.
Rows and rows of blueberries!
The perfect recipe for green poop.
Finished jam.
Blueberry pie.
We didn't use a unique recipe for our jam or the pie.  It's pretty easy to find simple recipes online; most of them will require fruit, sugar, pectin, lemon juice, mason jars, and patience!  I could've taken more pictures of the jam making process, but I was drinking beer instead!  Anyways, I did find time to do a disappointing youtube search for this vintage clip from The State.  (Anyone remember Blueberry Johnson?)  Seriously though, how is there not a better clip of this available online?

See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment