Thursday, April 25, 2013

Julep Sea Salt Mystery Box!

Hi guys! I'm still trying to catch up on all the exciting goodies that arrived in my mailbox over the last couple of weeks.  Here is the latest Julep Mystery Box, featuring Julep's new Sea Salt Finish polishes.  This is the second Mystery Box with the increased price of $24.99, and also the second box where Julep did not give us a minimum polish count.   I only got four polishes, just like my Spring Mystery Box.  I received Jill, Parker, Leah, and Natalie. I also got another nail file, toe separators, and Pink Grapefruit Body Frosting.
 
Julep Sea Salt Mystery Box.  Why don't my toe separators match?
Textured matte polishes are a huge trend right now, and Julep's version is the Sea Salt Finish.  I received Jill, which is a smoked beige Sea Salt Finish.  I haven't worn Jill yet so I can't speak about the matte finish, but I do love the color!
 
Julep Jill.
Julep describes Parker as a "golden tangerine creme", but I think it looks like macaroni and cheese yellow.  What do you think?
 
Julep Parker.  This color makes me hungry.
I was so close to buying Leah in the March Secret Store, and now I'm glad I didn't!  Leah is a "vivid and refreshing grass green with a hint of shimmer."  This color is a lot of fun; the only thing that sucks is my brush is really bent and messed up.  I think I can make it work though.
 
Julep Leah.
Natalie is described as a "chic, retro honeysuckle pink crème."  This is my favorite color in the box, unfortunately I have a Sephora by OPI color called I'm Wired that looks very similar!

Julep Natalie.
Julep Natalie vs. SOPI I'm Wired.
I loooove me some body butter, but the Pink Grapefruit Body Frosting from Julep absolutely stinks!  How could you screw up pink grapefruit?  At first sniff, this smelled delightfully citrusy. but when I put it on my arms and legs the next morning it had a cinnamon after smell that made me want to BARF.  I think maybe this went bad?  I'm actually throwing this one away, which is the first time ever that I have tossed a lotion product! 
 
Julep Pink Grapefruit Body Frosting.  Gross.
Overall, this was my least favorite Mystery Box that I have received from Julep.  I am glad that I still have no duplicates, though.  I'm not sure if I will gamble on another Mystery Box after this one (but I probably will because I am a sucker for surprise packages).  In case you haven't checked it out, the May Jazz Collection is AWESOME!  It is themed around the roaring twenties and comes with new lipstick trios!  If you are interested in becoming a Julep Maven, you can click my referral link and use the code "PENNY" to get the intro box for a penny (plus $3.99 shipping).

I apologize for the sloppy posts lately!  I am completely overwhelmed at work right now, and the problems with the new photo uploader on Blogger aren't helping either.  Anyways, see you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment