Sunday, April 7, 2013

NOTD: Illamasqua 'Collide' and Hard Candy 'Black Tie Optional'

Happy Sunday!  I'm super pumped to show you today's Nail of the Day featuring Illamasqua Collide and Hard Candy Black Tie Optional!  I took these photos immediately after I got out of the shower this morning, so I apologize for my puffier than usual fingers! (Well, not immediately after the shower. I mean, I put on fresh softies before going outside.)
 
Illamasqua Collide and Hard Candy Black Tie Optional.
The picture above is of my right hand.  I used three thin coats of Collide and one coat of Black Tie Optional.  I thought about using a second coat of Black Tie Optional, but I decided I liked a more sparse look after I painted the index and middle fingers of my left hand.  (If you can call it sparse.  The glitter payoff from just one coat was awesome.)  I'll show you what the fingers with two coats looked like later.

Orly Bonder, Illamasqua Collide, Hard Candy Black Tie Optional, Essie Good to Go.  And Huckle.


A lot of you have probably seen these Hard Candy polishes all over other blogs and discussion boards.  I wasn't going to get any of them until I was forced against my will to go to Wal-Hell (they are exclusive to Wal-Mart) so I snuck down the beauty aisle and saw that our store had all of them in stock.  I bought the last Black Tie Optional because I do not own any matte glitters yet.  Black Tie Optional contains three different sizes of black and white hex glitter and black bar glitter.  Some of the large hex pieces are a little curly (you can see in the first photo on my index finger), but I still think this is a nice cheap ($4) substitute for some of the indie glitters that are out there.


Above is the photo of my blurry left hand.  I used two coats of Black Tie Optional on my index and middle fingers, and you can see things started to look a little crazy!  I also think the extra coat caused me to have more polish shrinkage on those fingers.  Anyways, I liked how this mani turned out.  There are a lot of mixed reviews for the Hard Candy polishes, but I think they are okay.  Not great enough for me to make a trip to Wal-Mart, but if I HAVE to go there again, I'll probably reward myself with another one!

See you next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment