Sunday, January 6, 2013

NOTD: Revlon Girly

Hello everybody!  I've decided that I want to ease up on the long winded nail polish posts.  I don't want to say I've made any New Years resolutions (because those never work), but I feel like I got a little carried away.  So instead of creating posts with a collection of swatches, I think it will be easier for me just to photograph one shade at a time.  Here is my first Nail of the Day post!

Revlon Girly

Again, I want to remind you that I am not at all a professional and if you google "revlon girly swatches", you can find much nicer swatches of this awesome color.  I went crazy when I put this on and did, like, four thick coats, which you're not supposed to do.  I didn't care... I had to have as much of that bottle on my fingertips as possible!  It was like I was drunk with power!  Or possibly nail polish fumes?

I was freaking out the first time I saw this shade online.  Revlon Girly is a sheer lilac (that leans more pink than purple) with magenta, pink, and purple hex glitter with small holo pink hex glitter.  You can see some holo in this second photo (look at the bottle).

 
I looked for the Bubblegum Days and Urban Nights collection everywhere I went for about two weeks.  When I finally spotted it on the very top shelf at Walgreens, I didn't wait for anyone to help me and I reached up above my head and grabbed the entire display.  I got both Girly and Heavenly that night because they were BOGO 1/2 off.  Yay for getting two badass polishes for about eight bucks!  I'm super impressed with some of the shades that Revlon has released lately.  Girly is one of several "milky" glitters they have released in the past year or so, plus they've been known for releasing a few dupes of high end polishes, too!

Ruby Ribbon, Whimsical (a dupe of Deborah Lippman's Glitter in the Air), Popular, Girly, Heavenly.
Well, I already talked way longer about this than I intended.  I guess I feel really passionate about this subject!  Ha ha ha.  By the way, I was just wondering if I could abbreviate "hard to find" with HTF.  Would you know what I was talking about?  Because I wanted to say that Whimsical and Popular were also extremely HTF.  Could I make that a thing?  Anyways, I have a shit ton of new shades to wear, so I look forward to posting more NOTDs.  See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment