Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Influenster Holiday VoxBox 2012

HAPPY NEW YEAR!  This year is going to be a good one... I already know I'm going to see the Deftones in March and Depeche Mode sometime in the fall.  Yesssssss!  I feel like it's been forever since I've been to a concert.  Anyways, I'm here to talk about my Influenster VoxBox that I received a couple days before Christmas!

Goody QuikStyle Brush, Kiss Nail Dress, NYC New York Color Liquid Lipshine, EBOOST powder, Quaker Real Medleys Oatmeal, $25 off Sole Society purchase also included.
Influenster is an online community where you can be rewarded for sharing your opinions and reviews of products and services.  This is very different from the research sites that give a few pennies for taking boring surveys.  Basically, the more active you are throughout online social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest, the more you will be invited to try out new products.  You can also link back to your reviews on your blog and post reviews on the Influenster website.  When you sign up, you can take a couple of short surveys to earn lifestyle badges.  I have the Catnip badge, the High Spirits badge, and the Beauty Queen badge.  Based on what you tell Influenster about yourself, you may be selected to receive a VoxBox!  And I got one!  I've had about a week and a half to use all of the products in the box, so I can finally share my thoughts with you.  First, I am going to show you more pictures of the contents!
 
Leopard print nail stickers!
 
A crazy looking hair brush!

Nude Lip Gloss!


This postcard shows the pricing for these items.
Before I continue with my review, I must remind you that I was provided all of these products to review from Influenster.  Okay, with the disclaimer out of the way, I will continue!  Did you see that crazy hairbrush in the photos above?  The Goody QuikStyle brush claims to reduce water by 30% with the help of the absorbent microfiber bristles.  I have really fine hair, but this brush says it is for all hair types.  Sounds pretty sweet, right?
 
Microfiber bristles.
Side view.  I don't think this vent does anything.
So I have been using this large paddle brush for over a week now, and I honestly can't tell any difference in the drying time for my hair.  I thought my hair would dry quickly because it is so thin, but I don't even feel any moisture in the bristles after I dry my hair.  The Goody QuikStyle brush does a great job at detangling, but it just isn't for me.  At $11.99 I would give this brush a D.

NYC New York Color Liquid Lipshine in Nude York City.
NYC is one of those cosmetic brands I always walk by in the drugstore.  I've never really heard bad things about NYC, but I'm pretty much loyal to Revlon if I'm shopping for that kind of thing.  I've been obsessing over Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters for the last year, so it's been a while since I've worn a gloss, with the exception of the awesome glosses I got in my ipsy bags!  The NYC New York Color Liquid Lipshine collection contains 10 shades and has Vitamin E for moisture and shine.  The applicator was nice and bendy.  It smelled slightly like chocolaty coffee, and believe me, smell is totally important when it comes to lip gloss.  I once had one that smelled like ham!  (Eeeeew.)  So coffee smell is good for me!  I wouldn't have chosen a color this sheer, but then again, isn't it nice to have a sheer nude on hand for lazy makeup days?  This formula was not too sticky and stayed moist all day until after I ate my lunch.  Nice!  At $2.49 each, I give these an A.  I might need to check out the other shades next time I'm in CVS!


I couldn't get a good pic of the bendy applicator, but this is me with the NYC gloss on.  It was very sheer, but I liked it!
I've been wanting to try nail stickers, but they are always around eleven dollars, and I can't justify spending that much when I have like a BUNCH of nail polish at home.  Also, I was kinda scared because I am a dummy sometimes when it comes to application of these kind of things.  I happen to really like leopard print on me, so I was happy with the pattern on these Kiss Nail Dress stickers.  There are 18 different patterns available, with several of them including lil rhinestones.  This set contains 28 stickers, each with a rounded end for fingers and a square end if you are going to use them on your toesies.  Which would make you super talented, in my opinion.

I was pleased that this came with a little nail file, which isn't listed on the packaging.  My cats, especially Holly, like to steal nail files, so it was a nice surprise to find one in the box to make the application even easier!  After I cleaned my nails, I carefully peeled each sticker off and smoothed them out from the center of the nail, then filed the excess off the end, as the directions in the box explained.  I still have a few bubbles, but to the naked eye, I think they look pretty good!  If you were really careful, I would think you have enough stickers here to do two manicures.  So at only $6.99, I give these and A for now.  The box claims these will last up to 10 days.  I am on day three and they are all still in tact, and I have received several compliments.  I would buy these again if I needed them for a special occasion or a costume, plus there are some suggestions in the box to cut up different patterns and make your own designs.  Neat!

UPDATE 1-6-13:  I just wanted to add that these stickers did last me an entire week!  The tips became a little worn, but I honestly think I could've worn them even longer, except that I was just ready to change to a new color.  And I saw these at CVS for $6.99 plus BOGO 1/2 off.  A+!

Rawr!
I don't have any more pictures to show you, but I can share some thoughts on the oatmeal and EBOOST powder.  I didn't drink the EBOOST myself, but I can say the powder was quite effervescent as decribed.  The flavor was pink lemonade.  I thought it smelled pretty good, but the person that drank it could not finish it due to the taste.  So I suppose I wouldn't recommend these powders to anyone.  F.

I'm not a huge fan of oatmeal, but the Quaker Real Medleys Cherry Pistachio Oatmeal+ was delicious!  I screwed it up because I insisted on making this with my new Keurig, so I added waaaay to much water.  Mine was soupy but still tasty and filling.  There were HUGE pieces of almonds and pistachios, and a lot of almost whole cherries, even though they all sunk to the bottom.  But it could have been because my oatmeal was too runny due to user error.  I think the price is reasonable at $1.79 a cup.  I don't know that I would seek these out unless I have a coupon or there is a sale, but, dang, this was really good.  I'd like to have more of these to eat before work.  I never have time for breakfast and this would be easy to microwave and eat at my desk while no one's looking.  I give these an A+!

See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment