Friday, July 19, 2013

July Ipsy 'Beach Beauty'

Hello, Internet!  My Ipsy Glam Bag arrived earlier than both of my coworkers' this month.  Say whaaaat?  The theme for July is "Beach Beauty."  Let's have a look! 
July "Beach Beauty" Ipsy Glam Bag.
For me, the star of this bag is actually the cosmetic bag itself.  I have more cosmetic bags from Ipsy than I know what to do with!  But July's clear plastic hot pink bag rocks.  This will be perfect to toss in a beach bag with your sunglasses and lip balm!
I can't wait to put more crap in this bag.
This month everyone received either a salt texture spray or a humidity spray from BigSexyHair.  I got the Weather Proof Humidity Spray, which was the one I preferred since I just got the Sea Salt Texture Spray from Julep.  But frankly, I'm sick of getting hair products.  I expect good results from BigSexyHair even though I haven't tried this one yet.  Maybe I should keep this in my desk drawer at work since it always feels like a gross gym?
Weather Proof Humidity Spray from BigSexyHair.
Another one of the "or" items was from Coola.  My Glam Room said I was getting the Rose Essence Tinted Moisturizer, but I received the unscented moisturizer instead.  Boo.  I really wanted to try Coola's tinted moisturizer. Also, this sample is way smaller than what it looks like in pictures.  Even in my photo above it appears larger than it is when it is in your hand.  It's so tiny!
Coola Mineral Face SPF 20 Unscented Moisturizer.
There were several variable items this month that included a microdermabrasion scrub, Benefit's Benetint, and a Nailtini nail polish.  Perhaps the largest oversight this month was that I did not get the Nailtini polish!  Seriously, WTF.  This is proof that the Ipsymatch system is flawed!  I did get the Demeter Roll On Perfume Oil in Salt Air, though.  This is a very fresh scent that smells better than that generic ocean smell that everything labeled "seaside" or "ocean spray" smells like.  I know you know what I'm talking about.  I actually prefer sweeter and floral scents, and this perfume doesn't even last on me through my drive to work.  Good smell, but not for me.  I'm giving this one away to a friend at work.  Demeter does make all kind of weird fragrances like Dirt, Funeral Home, Laundromat, and Paperback.  These would be interesting "pick me up" scents, but not for everyday wear!    
Salt Air Perfume Oil Roll On from Demeter.
Everyone received a Pouty Pop Crayon from Pop Beauty.  I got Fuchsia Flirt.  Yay, these twist up and do not require sharpening!  I tried this on today for the first time.  This is not the best formula or the worst formula.  My lips were dry and I wouldn't say that this is very moisturizing.  It is highly pigmented and applies easily.  I can't speak to wear time because I wiped mine off to put chap stick on!
Pop Beauty Pouty Pop Crayon in Fuchsia Flirt.
 Scroll for my just-out-of-bed swatch.
It kind of does look like a crayon!
The California Collection Eyeshadow Sample from BHCosmetics surprised me most of all this month.  I've never had very good experiences with the Coastal Scents shadows from other Ipsy bags, and I think I read somewhere that they use the same private label manufacturer as BHCosmetics.  Needless to say, I had low expectations. 
California Collection Sample from BHCosmetics.
First of all, this packaging is so much better than the quads and single pans that Ipsy has sent out in the past.  (Look at the Coastal Scents quad in my February review.  Garbage!)  The mini palette contains a shadow from each of the three California themed palettes: Hollywood, San Francisco, and Malibu. 
Inside the palette.
I heard that these went on pretty sheer.  The most sheer of the three was the purple shade from the Hollywood palette.  It took me four swipes with my finger.  The most pigmented is the yellow gold from Malibu.  I did two swipes and got a lot of color.  For the price, I'm impressed.  I think these will be the first eyeshadows from Ipsy that I will use!
California Collection swatches!
July's bag is not my favorite, but not my least favorite either.  The eyeshadow palette and the pink bag are the best items for me.  I don't particularly hate the other items, but they are kind of mediocre.  And I'm still annoyed because I REALLY wanted that Nailtini!  I know I could trade my perfume to someone online, but I don't want to bother.  Still, I like what I get for ten dollars every month, and most of the fun for me is guessing what I'm going to get and trying new stuff!  Here's the breakdown:
  • BigSexyHair Weather Proof Humidity Resistant Spray, Deluxe Sample 1.4 oz.  Available at Amazon for $6.99.
  • Coola Mineral Face SPF 20 Unscented Moisturizer, .23 fl oz.  $4.87 estimate from full size available here.
  • Demeter Roll On Perfume Oil in Salt Air, .29 fl oz.  Available here for $10.00.
  • Pop Beauty Pouty Pop Crayon in Fuchsia Flirt, available in a pack of 6 here (sold out now), $4.16.
  • BHCosmetics California Collection Sample Palette.  No idea how much this is worth, but the full palettes from the collection are here for only $7.00 each!  I'm gonna guess and give this a value of $2.00 because the packaging is adorable.  (Even though each shadow would be worth less than 35 cents in the full palettes!)
My total based on estimates is $28.02.  This month's value was a lot lower than other months', but at least there was a lot of variety.  Now I'm ready for August!
Almost forgot to add my referral link here, if you are interested in joining Ipsy!  See you next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment