Wednesday, July 31, 2013

A Birthday Gift From Starlooks!

I was thinking the other day about why subscription boxes are so much fun, and I decided it's because I like getting gifts from myself every month.  I mean, I work hard.  I deserve to get pampered with gifts to me from me.  I'm already a mother to three cats, and I have to supervise like seventeen people at work, and it is all very stressful (hee hee).  Who else is looking out for me?  Starlooks!  They sent me a free birthday surprise!  (By the way, today is my birthday!) 
Surprise!
I just want to say that my opinion of Starlooks in the last month has improved immensely.  After I posted a review last month of a mediocre June box, I remained a subscriber because I wanted to see what the birthday gift this month would look like.  I got an awesome lip palette and a black eyeliner pencil!

Free stuff IS fun!
All four of these lip colors are extremely wearable; there are no weird oranges or purples in this quad!  They all go on sheer but can be built up.  My favorite thing about this palette is the MIRROR!  I'm always putting on lipstick at my desk and wondering why I don't have a compact with a mirror in it.  Well now I do!  Any good Depeche Mode fan must keep an arsenal of black eyeliners on their vanity, so the eye pencil in Onyx will get used.  Eventually.  Seriously, I will never have to buy black eyeliner or mascara ever again because of these subs!  
Birthday lip palette.
I swatched each lip color in a really stupid stupid order.  The top swatch, after the eye pencil, is the red on the bottom right.  The next one is the dark pink on the bottom left of the palette.  The third color is the light pink on the top right, and the last swatch on the bottom is the nude on the top left.  Make sense?  I think my favorite is the dark pink (2nd lip swatch, and the bottom left color on the palette).   
Sloppy swatches!
My birthday box was totally free and came on the same day as my July Starlooks Starbox.  (Spoiler alert:  The July Starbox is sooooo much better than June!)  This birthday box was awesome, and I really am impressed with the quality of Starlooks' cosmetics.
See you next time!   

1 comment:

  1. HAPPY DAY OF YOUR BIRTH! what a great surprise from Starlooks - i'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete