Saturday, July 6, 2013

June Starlooks Starbox

Things have been extremely busy at work, but somehow I found time to join another monthly subscription!  Starlooks Starbox features 3-4 full sized pro-level makeup products each month, plus some "fun" extras.  The monthly fee is $15 plus tax (around $17 total).  I've been following reviews of this box for a few months and decided to join in May, but I missed the sign up date, so June was my first box.  I definitely have mixed feelings about this one! 
I love pretty packaging!
Instead of releasing spoiler photos like Ipsy, Starlooks creates a Looksbook featuring models wearing the products for that month's box.  June's theme was "Modern Warhol."  Can you tell from this photo what might be in the Starbox? 
June Looksbook photo.
June was supposed to be Starlooks 1st anniversary box, so I was expecting something fabulous.  They even made a big deal about how they were shipping late because they needed more time to prepare these wonderful anniversary boxes!  I was very underwhelmed once I saw what we were getting.  A bronzer, a precision eyeliner pen, a white eyeliner... and a peace sign pin?
  

Meh.
So here are my quick thoughts on the contents.  I was dreading the bronzer because I just feel like I'm too pale to wear one.  This bronzer in Mahogany Bay is HUGE and the color is a beautiful copper when applied.  I love copper eyeshadows, so even if I don't use this as its intended purpose, I could use this on my eyes for the rest of my life.  It's really big.  The texture is very buttery (think Urban Decay texture).
Bronzer in Mahogany Bay.
I like the black precision eyeliner pen a lot, but I have like, a TON of black eyeliners and would've preferred a colored liner.  The white eyeliner is very creamy and easily applies to the waterline and lasts all day.  I swatched all three below! 
White eyeliner, black precision eyeliner pen, bronzer in Mahogany Bay.
Overall, the quality of the each item was very good.  But I feel like for $17 I could've picked something I would've liked better at CVS.  Still, I enjoy getting mystery packages in the mail!  I was going to cancel my subscription until I heard that we are getting color products in July.  I am such a sucker.  Also, I should be getting a complimentary package this month for my birthday!  So I am going to stick around for July and see how I feel about Starlooks.  Hopefully they won't send me another fugly pin like this peace sign! 
Ugly azz pin.
I mean, really, everyone knows I like some tacky fashion jewelry but this is uglier than something that would come with a hippie Halloween costume!  What were they thinking? 
I put a quick look together using both eyeliners.  I paired them with a pale pink lip (Revlon Lip Butter in Pink Lemonade I think) and a black and white shirt to stay with the mod theme!  And a cat necklace just cause.
June Starbox look sans bronzer and ugly pin.
See you next time! 

1 comment:

  1. that swatch of the bronzer really looks like it's an eyeshadow. i don't know that i'd use it on my face.

    ReplyDelete