Sunday, May 19, 2013

OOTD: Skater Dress

Remember babydoll dresses in the 90s?  I read somewhere that the skater dress sillouette is supposed to be like the NEW babydoll dress, I guess because they are both universally flattering and hit mid-thigh?  Skater dresses cinch at the natural waist, although I have seen some styles that have a drop waist, too.  You could probably go all kinderwhore on this dress if you wore some combat boots and messy makeup, but I just wore mine with Crocs!   
Dress: Joe Fresh.
Shoes: Super Molded Flats by Crocs.

This Joe Fresh dress was $25 at JCP.  I used a $10 coupon, so it was only $15.  The Joe Fresh line technically isn't plus size, but a lot of the pieces go up to a generous XXL.  I bought this in an XL and it fits me (I usually wear an 18).  And there's pockets!

Still looking for a "burrito" nameplate necklace.
I prefer for my jewelry to reflect what I like to eat, ha ha.  Which reminds me that I want to learn how to make polymer clay mini foods.  I need to not work so I have time to learn how to do all this stuff!
Julep lip mini in Satin Doll from the May 'Set the Stage' collection!
 
I feel like I'm in a Smashing Pumpkins video.
 See you next time!

1 comment: