Sunday, October 7, 2012

Welcome!

Hi everybody, and welcome to Three Cats and a Lady... and my very first blog post!  This is my lifestyle blog where I will share with you what I'm wearing, what I'm eating, what I'm doing, and what I'm thinking (or not thinking, ha).  Anyways, I don't want to write a long boring introduction just yet... Meet my roommates... um, I mean my cats!



Mina, a.k.a. "Mean Bean"

 
 

At almost four years old, Mina is my oldest furbaby.  She loves to go outside and play in the woods.  About three years ago, Mina got lost for four days and found her way back home with a broken leg.  (I have a gruesome x-ray somewhere around here I may share if I ever find it again.)  Luckily, her leg healed nicely, but she is still the most spoiled kitty and always gets the best sunny spots in the house.  Doesn't she look mean here?  She doesn't like other cats, but she loves humans!
 
 
Holly, a.k.a. "Hollywood", "Hollyhock", or "Holls"
 
 
Holly is almost three years old.  I got her around Christmas time, so that's pretty much the story of her name.  When I took her to the vet for the first time, there were about seven other pets there named "Holly", so I guess it's not a very original name.  But she looks like a Holly, you know?  Her favorite toy is this red and black sock that my sister knitted for me.  She drags it up and down the hallway and howls.  Sometimes I find it in my bed because she likes to sleep with it too.  She can also play fetch!
 
  Huckle, a.k.a. "Huckle Cat", "Stinky", "Piggy"
 
 
Huckle is my youngest kitty and is the only boy.  He's much bigger now than in this picture.  He was found in the bushes outside the mall where I work.  Huckle only weighed a few ounces and was covered in fleas and bloody scabs.  This photo was taken shortly after his first bath.  His nose was still a little crusty and it took a few weeks before I could clean him all the way and give him flea medicine because he was so tiny.  But, man, a lot has changed since then.  Huckle will eat ANYTHING, but his most favorite food is ice cream!  I think he could eat a whole carton if he was allowed to.  He once almost ate a whole saucer of ranch dressing we left out when we ordered pizza.  So I guess you could imagine where his nicknames come from.  He loves pouncing on Holly and has the most adorable little chirpy meow!
 
 
Sometimes it's overwhelming living with all these critters, but they all are a constant source of entertainment.  I'm sure there will be more antics to come!
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment