Tuesday, October 16, 2012

A Trip to the Flea

It's been a really long time since I've been to the flea market, so I was glad to go this past Sunday. I only had about twenty bucks I could spend, but it was still fun to get out of the house for a couple hours!


Where is everybody?






Waldo Farmers and Flea Market is the closest flea market to Gainesville, as far as I know. There is also a big antiques market that is open every day. I've spent hours just looking at all the cool stuff in there, but I skipped it this time because I had to go to work later (booo, work).
 
This flea market is definitely not as busy as the J&J Flea Market in Athens, GA where I used to live. At the J&J, the best time to get there is no later than 8 or 8:30, because everyone's usually set up around that time and you get to see the best stuff. But at the Waldo Flea, we got there after 10AM, and you can see this place wasn't really hoppin' just yet.
                          
Boiled peanuts!  Mmmm...
I really wanted some of these plants... to KILL!!
After the flea market, we went to Burger King and I got a veggie burger and some onion rings.  I was full and miserable all night at work.  And I forgot to take one of these crowns!



I totally wanted one.
Here's the CDs I got at the flea market.  We also got some starfruit, avocados, tomatoes, onions, kiwis, tangerines, and other awesome fruits and veggies for not a lot of money!
 
Guns N' Roses Use Your Illusion II, Erasure The Innocents, Yaz Upstairs at Eric's, Van Halen (self-titled), Queen Greatest Hits, and Prince The Scandalous Sex Suite
 
What do you like to look for at the flea market?  I don't always just get CDs and records, but I'm sort of running out of room in my house for some of my other collections.  I'll be sharing some of those things here, eventually.
 
See you next time!
  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment