Tuesday, October 23, 2012

And Now I'm Gonna be Totally Annoying...

Alright, so I know everyone doesn't really need to hear about Depeche Mode's new album and tour, but this is MY lifestyle blog, and I get to do whatever I want!  Nanny nanny boo boo!


DM's dressed in black again, and I'm falling down again.  Down to the floor again, I'm begging for more again.... Okay I gotta stop myself here.


The people that know me in person, and not just on the internets, can tell you that this is a HUGE deal to me.  I've been waiting three years for this, which is typical for Depeche Mode.  Just the whole process of finding out that they're in the studio doing something, to finding out the name of the album and a release date, and then the release of their tour dates is part of the fun.

So I got up early as HELL today to catch the live stream of their press conference in Paris.  It was awesome to see new press photos and artwork of the band, and they even previewed an entire new song, but I was still underwhelmed.  All I really learned was that Depeche Mode is going to release an album in 2013, and the European leg of their tour starts May 7.  No name for the album or tour, no release date, no U.S. tour dates.  But it appears I will probably be seeing them next fall.  Which means everyone gets to hear me talk about this for another YEAR!

I think I'm going to begin sharing some items from my Depeche Mode collection here while I wait for more news.  This blog is probably a better forum for this instead of bugging the crap out of my friends and family and coworkers!  Anyways, if you are interested, you can hear the new song here.   There is no name for this song either, but I think people are referring to it as "Angel of Love".  For the record, I don't really care for this.  I don't like Dave Gahan's "bluesy" voice lately.  I prefer more icy, dark, pervy Dave Gahan like in "Fly on the Windscreen"  or "Ghost".  "Angel of Love" kinda reminds me of the worst Depeche Mode song ever, "Martyr"

I've already said waaaay more on this than I intended to, but if anyone reading this wants to chat about Depeche Mode, you can leave me a message in my comments!  Seriously, I could go on FOREVER about Depeche Mode.    

No comments:

Post a Comment