Tuesday, June 25, 2013

NOTD: SOPI 'Mermaid to Order'

Sephora by OPI's Mermaid to Order is one of my all-time favorite nail polishes!  I've had this since it came out a few years ago and I always come back to it.  Sephora's boring description of "opaque metallic turquoise green" doesn't really do it justice.  This turquoise GLOWS in the sun, but I think it looks good all year long!  I also love the name because mermaid themed stuff rocks!
Sephora by OPI Mermaid to Order.
I'm still fighting the urge to grab a second bottle of this while they are still on clearance at Sephora.  Quite frankly, I'm surprised that I haven't already, but I'm trying to save a little cash to get some explosives for the 4th next week!  You can see in some of my swatches that I have nail polish all over my hands.  Keep scrolling to find out why!
Like staring into a turquoise sun!
So I went a little crazy at Julep's online warehouse sale last week and bought several (a lot) of these cabochon rings.  Online shopping is like my version of drunk dialing or drunk Facebooking; a couple of beers in and it always seems like a great idea, until the next morning.  Julep's shipping is super fast though, so I didn't have much time for buyer's remorse and I have had a lot of fun making these suckers! 
Preeeeetty.
My camera was freaking out trying to photograph these.  The purple on the left is SOPI Sugar Plum Fairies Gone Wild over SOPI Seriously, It's a Naan-Issue.  The blue on the right is SOPI Not Your Average Turquoise over SOPI Mermaid to Order.
The fuchsia on the left is Orly Love Each Other over Sinful Colors Dream On.  The gold on the right is SOPI I Found a Pot of Gold! over SOPI I Only Shop Vintage.  Isn't this a great way to get some extra use out of your favorite colors?

Ta-da.  These remind me of playing Pretty Pretty Princess.  Awesome!
See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment