Sunday, December 2, 2012

My Julep Maven December Box is Here!

Hey guys!  Can you believe it is already December?  Oh my gosh, I am so stressed around the holidays!  This time of year is so frustrating for me because I finally have a little disposable income due to overtime at work, but I absolutely have to put myself on a "no-buy" rule because I need to get some presents wrapped and under the tree!  The good news is I am still getting my Julep and ipsy subscriptions this month, so I at least have a couple of "me gifts" to play with!
 
Bombshell postcard.
I got the Bombshell box again, mainly because they were the only two colors that didn't resemble something I already have.  However, let me just say that all the choices for this month's box were very sparkly and festive, I just chose this because I don't have a copper glitter and I was needing a Christmas green for some nail art I am attempting later this month.  Looking back at some of the other colors, I could've definitely made room for several of them in my collection!
 
My box appeared to have been opened.  The address label that seals the box was totally damaged and I thought I was going to have to make a phone call to USPS or Julep customer service.  The contents looked a little ransacked as well, but everything was in there, thank goodness!
 
Pretty tissue paper, sloppy box.
Cindy is the green on the left, Hilary is the copper glitter on the right.
See what I mean about the perfect Christmas green?  I'm going to try to make some Christmas tree accent nails with Cindy.  I don't know how I feel about Hilary though.  I guess it looks like what I was expecting, but it's just glitter in a clear base.  Kinda boring to me, but I don't have a glitter like it so it will get used.
 
Minty warming foot scrub.
This months box also came with an Instant Warming Foot Scrub.  I haven't tried this yet, but it smells nice and minty.  It's supposed to be cucumber mint (I didn't smell cucumber) and has chili pepper oil for circulation and real pumice for exfoliation.  I love crap like this!  Ha ha.

The freebie this month is awesome!  When I first opened the little black satchel, I pulled out a little cheap ring and put it on and thought it was broken.  Then I realized it was a Cabochon ring that you create using nail polish!  Duh!  This is such a cute freebie, and I hope it will get my crafting itch going again.
 
Create your own Cabochon ring with instructions, and a Sweet Stripes mint!
Julep also allows you to choose up to three add ons if you would like to purchase other polishes from the other boxes.  I added Vivien for $4.99.  For some reason they don't ship with your box, so I haven't gotten my add on yet.  I was deciding between Julia and Vivien, but I didn't get Julia because I thought it looked like Sephora by OPI Stop Stocking Me (the color I am wearing in these photos).  BUT I went into Sephora yesterday and they had both Vivien and Julia in store, and I think I screwed up because Julia looked much more iridescent in person.  Dang.  I hope I can catch Julia another month or in a secret sale or something!
These were all the choices this month.  I wish the photos would have been a little more detailed!  I should've gotten Julia instead of Vivien.  Oh well.
I will post pictures once I have swatched these.  I doubt I'll get to changing my polish today.  I've got a lot of chores, and I want to get my Christmas tree up tonight!

See you next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment