Sunday, August 25, 2013

BaubleBar August Mystery Makeover!

One thing I can't ever have enough of is jewelry!  Jewelry has acted kind of like a security blanket for me for years, even before I was comfortable trying new lipstick colors or wearing different styles of clothing.  I doubt I'll ever leave the house without earrings, usually large dangly ones, unless I'm going to the emergency room or something like that.  Matching up coordinating jewelry to all of my clothes is an arduous task when I am packing for a vacation or just going out of town for a couple of nights, which is why I really liked this month's Baublebar Mystery Makeover! 
My August BaubleBar Mystery Makeover.
 
I could've sworn this was called a "Monthly Makeover" last month, but now they are calling it a "Mystery Makeover."  Whatever.  August's main item was the bezel strand in a color of your choosing.  Once you selected which color you wanted, BaubleBar added two more pieces to coordinate with the necklace.  I chose clear because I felt like it could go with anything.  The bezels and jewels on this necklace are absolutely huge and would not be appropriate for a shy person!   
Bezel strand necklace with clear jewels.
I don't know what I was picturing BaubleBar would send as coordinating pieces, but I knew one of them would be earrings because there was a place to select if your ears were pierced or not.  I didn't get big earrings, but the button posts they sent me are cute!  I especially like the pointy pave ones because they will go with a lot of gold jewelry I have that I can never find earrings for.
Coordinating earrings.
A pickier person would probably say that these pieces do not match, but I can work with them.  I like the bracelet a lot, but once again it is a little snug.  I think I would have preferred something more loose, like a tennis bracelet.
Mystery bracelet.
Each box also came with a super fun surprise, and this month it was a BaubleBar journal.  Meh.  It's cute.  Not super fun, though.
Mystery super fun surprise.
This box was $44, just like last month.  Last month's box was more interesting, but the pieces in August's box will get more use.  The value of this box was supposed to be at least $75, and appears to still be available here (even though the date says the 18th).  I don't think this is for everyone, but if you like fashion/costume jewelry, then it is a fun box! 
See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment