Tuesday, August 13, 2013

July Starlooks Starbox

Hey there!  I'm super late at posting my July Starlooks review, but I already took fancy pictures, so here it is!  I think most of these products are self-explanatory, and my overall impression is that it completely smoked June's box.  Seriously, I'm so glad I gave Starlooks another chance; and did you see my SWEET birthday gift I posted last month?  Anyways, let's take a look at July's contents!  (Before I continue though, I do want to give June's box a little more credit, because I have been using the white eye pencil and black precision eyeliner like, every day!)  Okay, moving on...
(I'm hoarding all these boxes for Christmas gifts!)
July's box consists of a five pan eyeshadow palette in St. Tropez, a Sculpt and Blush brush, a mini Pigment Luster in Penny Wise, and a sample of Quince Relaxing Body Butter with Chamomile & Lavender!

I think they used June's bronzer on the postcard.  Yikes!
I'm slowly building up a brush collection, and the Sculpt and Blush brush is probably the nicest one I own so far!  It is angled for contouring and is super soft.  It retails at $22.00. 
Sculpt and Blush brush.
The Special Surprise this month is "The Ultimate Body Bronze Set" with the body butter and the Penny Wise Pigment Luster.  So basically, the idea here is that you combine the body butter with the Pigment Luster to create an all over bronzer.  This beats the hell out that fugly pin from last month, but it is totally messy, so I doubt I will use it that way.  I do like mineral makeup, but when it comes to stuff like this, I think I prefer pressed powders.  Yay for getting a smelly lotion sample, though!  
See?  I already made a mess.
Speaking of pressed powders, look at this badass palette that is for sure the highlight of July's box!  The St. Tropez palette has four shimmer eyeshadows and one matte shadow (the black).  So far, I've only worn the one in the middle, which is a darker orange than it appears in the photos below.  Or at least it looked orange on me.  I do love me some gold and copper shadows, even though I've kind of got enough to last me the rest of my life!  Scroll for some lazy swatches!   
St. Tropez palette.
I took all these photos in my backyard and the sun was shining like crazy, until I tried to get my swatch photo.  I used my fingers to swatch, so there I was sitting in the grass with five different eyeshadows on my fingers and arm, and Penny Wise pigment dumped all in my lap, waiting for the sun to come back out.  Blogging is hard work! 
St. Tropez palette swatches.
Like June's bronzer, the texture of these shadows are nice and buttery.  I could've gone a lot darker with these swatches, but I only did a couple of quick swipes with my fingers.  This palette retails for $41.00!  Would I pay $41.00 for this?  Hell no!  But this is a great palette, and all of these shades are useful.
On my little postcard I got in June, it said that every box came with a crystal, and I never did find that damn thing.  So below is a picture of July's crystal.
Hippie crystal.
I'm very pleased with all the goodies I received from Starlooks in July.  This particular box has a retail value of $72!  Here's a breakdown:
  • St. Tropez Eye Shadow Palette, available here for $41.00. 
  • Sculpt and Blush Brush, available here for $22.00.
  • Ultimate Body Bronze Set, available here for $24.00, but the half-size in July's box is valued at $9.00.
Starlooks is a monthly subscription that costs $15 plus tax ($17 and some change), and you get charged on the first of every month.  Boxes ship around the third week of the month.  If you are not subscribed, you can purchase past boxes for only $25.00 on their website!
So what do you think of Starlooks' Starbox?  I'm still not sure if I need this stuff, but it sure is purdy, so I will continue to subscribe for a little while longer.  See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment